Bayfront Roofing and Construction provides professional roof repair in Corpus Christi, TX for your residential building. Your roof is an essential part of your home; thus, it requires proper care and maintenance to keep it functional. You can rely on our team for timely leaky roof repair in Corpus Christi to protect your house from the effects of water damage. If your roof suffers damage from leaks, extreme climatic conditions, or fallen tree branches, it’s best to hire a professional for repair. Timely repairs can save your roof from falling apart and costly replacement roofs.
Common Roof Repair Issues
Roofs can experience a number of issues, and many of them will come before it shows in the form of an unexpected skylight. You need to know how to find some of the common problems, which can include the following:
- Blown Off or Damaged Shingles — Depending on how your roof is configured, you might lose a couple of shingles before you even notice a problem. And one of the most common warning signs is the presence of lifted or damaged shingles that were caused by severe weather.
- Tree Branches — Even if you have been good about cutting back your branches and tearing down leaning trees, strong winds can make your roof more vulnerable than you think. Everything from the constant whipping of branches to a fallen limb can cause your roof to sag.
- Roof Leaks — This is one of the most difficult problems to ignore, because it can cause serious water damage in a short amount of time. Leaks can show up anywhere on your roof, even if it’s in reasonably good shape. You may not be pulling out buckets to catch falling water. It could be going into an attic or crawlspace.
- Damaged or Worn Flashing — The metal flashing on your roof is designed to withstand degradation that comes with the passage of time, but it’s not meant to last forever. If your roof hasn’t been replaced in several decades or has just been through a catastrophic event, your flashing may need to be repaired or even replaced.
- Failing Granules — Asphalt shingles are made of tiny particles that will absorb the sun’s UV rays. But, if they have started to fall off, they will have bald spots. If you see areas of discoloration on your roof, it could be a sign that your shingles are starting to lose their granules.
- Damaged Gutters — If your gutters or downspout are starting to fall off, it can have a negative impact on your roof or even your entire home. It’s just another way for water to end up in the wrong place.
- Too Many Roofing Layers — You might be thinking that all those layers will mean more barriers between you and the elements, but your roof may not be able to hold up all that weight (which can ultimately lead to disaster).
- Splitting — You may think that your roof may just be sitting still, but it’s always shifting and changing. The shingles could expand once the weather starts to warm up, which can cause them to split.
If you’re looking for one of the best roofers in Corpus Christi, be sure to reach out to Bayfront Roofing.
We also offer roof repair in: