Picking the right roofing material for your home is an important choice. We offer a variety of options and are glad to share our experience with you when you’re making your selection.
Roofing isn’t considered to be the most fun part of remodeling a home. But when it starts to leak, the need for it becomes more apparent. The idea of a dry home that’s protected from outside elements looks a lot more appealing, which is why it’s important to keep it maintained. There are many types of roofing materials, but there are some common options — each with its own properties in terms of appearance, longevity, and cost.
Updating your roof could add more value to your home, especially with regard to its look and feel. While the framing and underlayment are important, the material that you choose for your roofing surface can take the exterior look of your home to a completely different level. As you look at all the different types of roofing materials, you should take the following into consideration:
- Will the weight of the material require special framing?
- Does the material have color and style options that will complement your home’s look and feel?
- Does the material comply with your local fire codes?
- Are there any installation and maintenance issues that you have consider?
- Can the material withstand any extreme weather conditions that are common in your area?
- What is the cost and lifespan of the material, and what are the warranty options?
- Reasonable Cost
- Good Lifespan
- Standard & Readily Available
- Susceptible To Some Types Of Damage
- Naturally Beautiful
- Very Little Maintenance
- Long Lifespan Of Approximately 50 Years
- Virtually Fireproof
- Environmentally Friendly
- Good Ventilation & Insulation
- Design Versatility
- More Resistant To Weather
- 30% To 50% Less Than Clay
- Looks Similar To Clay
- Lasts 25-50 Years
Metal Wood Shake
- Reflects Heat
- Lasts For Decades
- Extremely Resistant to Fire
- Completely Recyclable
Stone Coated Steel
- Longevity & Durability
- Low Maintenance
- Beautiful & Versatile
- Energy Efficient